Effective as of 12/21/2022
Our websites, products and services are designed for businesses and their representatives. We do not offer products or services for use by individuals for their personal, family or household purposes. Accordingly, we treat all personal information we collect as pertaining to individuals in their capacities as business representatives and not their individual capacities.
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Website or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, professional title and company name, and phone number.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Website, social media, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
Third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Public sources, such as government agencies, public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
- Marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our banking customers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating analytics and online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing. We and our service providers may collect and use your personal information for marketing purposes. We may send you Sonar-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, and website analytics).
Business and marketing partners. Third parties with whom we collaborate on joint activities (such as co-sponsors of contests and promotions), with whom we have entered into joint marketing relationships or other joint ventures, or who we think may offer you products or services that you may enjoy.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations and diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Sonar or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us through the Service, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Website or Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Website and Service are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Website or Service from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
How to contact us
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: 90 5th Ave, Floor 10, New York, NY 10011
- Phone: (646) 992-4696